Meraki technology with management in the cloud and with the possibility of monitoring activities on the network was used to create a stable Wi-Fi connection within multiple buildings of a school dormitory.
- With the implementation and configuration of Wi-Fi access devices, Meraki solved problems related to congestion and overall network stability, network interruptions were minimised.
- A web environment where it is possible from anywhere and at any time to monitor activity on the network and also to perform network configuration, has been developed.
- For each dormitory, a separate Wi-Fi network has been developed, each with its own rules and users.
- Students only have access to the Wi-Fi network in their dormitory, it’s not possible for a student from one residence to sign into a Wi-Fi network of another residence. Each student receives a unique account, they can create it by themselves when first connecting to the Wi-Fi network, in this case a universal password is not used.
- Logging into the Wi-Fi network is linked to students’ e-mail addresses.
- The Wi-Fi network administrator is responsible for the authentication of individual users to access the Wi-Fi network. The students are not able to communicate over the Wi-Fi network without authorisation.
- The Wi-Fi network is prepared for the application of bandwidth settings and access to specific websites - either centralised for the entire Wi-Fi network, or if necessary, only for specific users.
- The solution made it possible to set time limits for student access to the Internet. Access is available only in the period between 6 a.m. and 9 p.m.
Lenovo International. The official representation of the corporation in Slovakia which also provides internal IT systems and services for the EMEA region uses the servers in GAMO Cloud.